A highly trusted brand, Firestone Tyres has a full range of long-lasting all-season tyres, performance tyres, SUV tyres, LT tyres and winter tyres. Firestone Tyres are a part of automotive history. From their humble beginnings in 1900 to a brand recognized around the world today, Firestone gained notoriety due to years of work with Ford and other OE manufacturers, imaginative advertising campaigns, reliable products and a winning record on the racetrack. In fact, Firestone has been involved in motorsports since 1911 with the tyres first appearance, and win, at the Indianapolis 500. They were also the original supplier for tyres on the Ford Model-T. Firestone has now merged with Bridgestone Tyres, but continues to make good, solid tyres at decent prices, for all types of vehicles.
If you are looking for a high-quality tyre that you know you can rely on, then look no further than what Firestone has to offer. They have been in the industry longer than most of their competitors and have produced some outstanding tyres in that time for a number of iconic vehicles including race cars- so you know you can rely on them. The American company is in partnership with Japanese company Bridgestone - another leader in the industry - so with their combined knowledge they have created some excellent tyres.
Their product range covers all types of tyres and is suited to most vehicles. One of their most popular models' is the run flat, which is probably the most popular of any brand that is seen on cars. Although the tyres are at the top end of the price range, they are certainly a worthwhile investment and are still very popular because of the quality and market appeal. Environmentally friendly and fuel economic, a Firestone tyre will prove value for money, while ensuring that your vehicle performs at its best all the time.
Firestone Tyres for Sport Coupes, Touring Sedans and CUVs
All Firestone tyres are designed to deliver a comfortable ride, excellent handling, safety in all weather conditions and long mileage. Here are some of the features and benefits of the most popular tyre styles:
- Firestone FR710 tyre: reliable grip and long mileage for standard passenger cars. Most sizes have a 65,000 mile warranty. The tread rubber is formulated for grip in all weather conditions with a pattern that evacuates water and slush easily.
- Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter tyre: best-in-class fuel economy and great value. It has a little less all-season traction capabilities than the FR710, but has a 70,000 mile warranty in most sizes. The tyre is lighter and has less rolling resistance thanks to special compounds in the tread. This means the tyre is more fuel efficient; with up to 1% better fuel economy compared to other Firestone tyres.
- Firestone Precision Touring tyre: comfortable and long-lasting for economy coupes and sedans. With a 70,000 mile warranty in most sizes, the Firestone Precision Touring also offers long mileage, but with more of a performance handling feel compared to the Firestone Champion Fuel Fighter or Firestone FR710.
High Performance Tyres for Sports Cars and Luxury Crossovers
Firestone Firehawk tyres have a long racing heritage. Firestone has used racing as a testing ground to improve the performance of their street tyres. This means better handling and grip on city streets and on the highways. The Firestone Firehawk tyres all have computer-modeled high performance treads for great handling during spirited driving, as well as stiffer sidewalls and reinforcements for precise and accurate feedback to steering input.
- Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval A/S tyre: a popular race inspired all-season performance tyre which comes in a wide range of sizes. Allows you to get the most out of your sport coupe or luxury CUV on dry and wet roads thanks to an all-season tread compound and wide open grooves to efficiently evacuate water from under the tread.
- Firestone Wide Oval Indy 500 tyre: For muscle car owners, the heritage of the original Wide Oval Sup-R-Belt from the late 1960s lives on in this state-of-the-art tyre. Easily handles the high horsepower and torque of late model American muscle cars like Ford Mustangs, Dodge Challengers and Chevy Cameros. The tread has the classic look of swept back grooves. Like the original Wide-oval back in the 1960s, this tyre continues to be a benchmark for enthusiasts looking for attractive styling, long mileage and responsive handling.
Durable Light Truck tyres for Pick-up Trucks, SUVs and Commercial Vans
All Firestone light truck tyres have a combination of polyester and steel casing construction for added durability so they stand up to heavier loads and mixed usage.
- Firestone TransForce HT tyre: a super durable all-season highway tyre. Has an extra steel belt for really harsh commercial applications where overloading and extra reinforcement is needed.
- Firestone TransForce AT tyre: If you venture off pavement, into muddy job sites, or on gravel roads, then more all-terrain traction is needed. The AT has the same strong casing as the TransForce HT. Both tyres feature high modulus tread compounds which are resistant to rapid wear and all-season tread patterns with deep shoulder slots and wide circumferential grooves to evacuate water, but the AT has a much more aggressive, open tread pattern.
- Firestone Destination LE2 tyre or Firestone Destination LE tyre are the best options for regular highway and light all-terrain usage for a commuter or utility vehicle. The Firestone Destination tyre line-up provides a more comfortable ride than the Firestone TransForce HT or TransForce AT. The casing construction is strong, but does not have the extra steel cap belt or as stiff a sidewall, so a much better ride for regular commuting and running errands around town.
What features would you commonly associate with Firestone tyres?
Firestone is one of the best known producers of tyres in the world and as such they produce a vast range of high-quality tyres - some of the more common features include:
- A versatile blend of ride quality, good noise comfort, handling and traction
- Good levels of tyre wear
- Excellent wet performance
- Reduced wear and excellent off-road traction
- Smooth ride and great for fuel consumption
Where can I get an affordable set of tyres?
Tyres are one of the main components of a car and it is extremely important that you maintain them for the car to work at its optimum level, as well as ensuring your safety. Firestone tyres are one some of the best on the market but it can be incredibly expensive to equip your car with new tyres and as a result it's important that you find a set that are easy on the wallet - that's where etyres.ng can help.
Our team will help you to find great quality, affordable tyres for your car and save you money where we can. To find out more call etyres.ng today on 08092357000.